Sunday, July 10, 2005

It All Starts Here

So, about this blog thing: I remain skeptical.

In my mind, blogs are oddities. They are electronic pulpits. Blogs allow one to connect with other people in an age of distance.

However, after I was given some advice on what not to do on a blog, I have been forced to re-evaluate my reasoning behind them. Apparently, the blog is a powerful tool that must be wielded appropriately.

Well, that's if anybody actually reads it, first off.

But rules are rules... and here they are:

1. I cannot mention people's actual names or write about them unless they are already on the news or such. This is to avoid upsetting someone and having my thoughts bring dire consequences to my person in real life.

Ok, so am I the only one who thinks that your thoughts should affect your life? This brings me back to a bad dream; the one where everybody walks around with a bright smile or apathetic face and hopes that they will never have to suffer the consequences that their own opinions create. But, hey, I can not take responsibility for my person. Right on, one down.

2. I shall not, under any circumstance, say anything too personal in a public blog. There could be crazy people reading your innermost thoughts or you could give away your identity.

I am Superman (TM). Now that you know my identity, you have to promise to keep it a secret.
Honestly, I don't think anybody will read my blog, but I never wanted you to know anything about me anyway. I mean, why would anyone post something on the web about themselves in order to get attention or express oneself?
Plus, I have no illusion to being important enough to hunt down and kill. It would be way too much trouble to find parking around here anyway. Sorry.
One more down.

3. I must keep my writing original and captivating, as to not lose people's interests. Also, grammar and punctuation are a critical part of a blog which you should pay close attention to.

In honor of that last suggestion, I will write my reply in only punctuation:

... ?????, ^^^**/?\% ==!!!!!!, @**:::::. --^^* + ;;~& > = $$$. \\|>>>.

You will eventually become bored of this blog. I understand this and encourage it with time.
However, there is a remote chance that our opinions may challenge eachother... so stick around for a while, and enjoy it while you can, because one day I, too, shall become bored with this blog.

but until then, happy blogging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home