Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I was on the bus today, on my way back home. I've been kind of tired with spring break preparation. It seems as though my professors are bent on exhausting me before spring break so I can properly enjoy my vacation.

Professors and logic... I tell you.

Anyway, the back doors of the bus start acting up. Once they're open, they would stay open, and occasionally try to close with no success. Of course, we were all stopped until somebody got the doors closed, and the guy standing next to the doors was just staring at them.



Perhaps he was on the wrong bus


So, the rear doors are opening and closing, and I'm not getting any closer to home. I sigh, as Leos tend to do when they have to do the work themselves, and get up. The guy dumbly staring at the door steps aside; I firmly grasp the door handle... and force the doors back into place.

Hard.

The doors snap, as in seriously emit a loud metallic breaking sound. I solemnly go back to my seat aware that the whole bus is staring at me. I continue to read my newspaper.

A couple stops go by and someone rings the bell to get off at the next corner. The bus stops and he pushes on the rear door. Lo and behold, the doors won't open, no matter how hard he pushes. Suddenly, I am aware that I have effectively welded the doors together. I continue reading my paper feeling much more like a severe and no-nonsense type of guy. 'Damn doors won't shut, and nobody'll fix'em... then I'll do it.'

After a while, I start feeling a little guilty. I mean, the people are kinda looking at me whenever someone tries to exit through the rear door. Eventually, I go to the front and talk to the bus driver. I tell her that I'd be willing to put up an 'out of order' sign on the back door if she had paper and a marker. I had run out of paper just earlier in Statistics class. She says 'no, but thanks for the offer.' Ends up, the back door had been giving her trouble for a while and she was glad that was just closed. Someone was already going to meet her at a stop to fix it.

I rolled up my newspaper and got off the bus, telling her to have a nice day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home