Thursday, December 15, 2005

Alright, so I know I haven't posted in a while. Given that it's final exams time, most of you won't be checking out this site anytime soon anyway. To the rest of you, heh, I haven't been in any position to think anything through anyway.

However, I'm taking a quick break from studying Advanced Organic Chemistry to write about something that was published in our university newspaper.

Apparently, someone thought that it would be a bright idea to bring biological superiority into the argument against gay-marriage. The article appeared in the Dec. 13th issue of the Daily Cardinal. The title ran something like "Biology, Family Values Mandate Same-Sex Marriage Ban." A title like that reminds me how NOT above writing letters to the editor I can be sometimes.

So I did... write a letter to the editor, that is. A damn good one at that. I made the point of my letter about using charged language in such a destructive way. I don't mind if people don't want gay marriage, but there's no need to resurrect the eugenic movement to justify your fear.

...and of course, I couldn't help throwing in a few thoughts I had about giving rights to committed individuals.... and took a stab at the 'scientific' support in his argument, among other things. Yet, I needn't stop there. There are so many other things wrong with the use of Genetic Philosophy in our society. This quasi-eugenic misused Darwinism is everywhere nowadays, as illustrated by the article. So, yours truly, has dedicated himself to being a socially-conscious scientist. I'm forsaking my neutrality in order to make sure nobody comes to grievous harm because of ignorant uses of Genetic Philosophy.


Stand Up for Family Values!


Biology says 'NO' to Homosexuals!
Keep Gays Single!

Might I emphasize that this is not prompted by the civil union amendment currently blazing across Wisconsin. Honestly, I don't think we're going to win this one. The state of Wisconsin will inevitably use it's power to ensure there is no longer a separation between Church and State. Oh well, do your best and regroup for a long war...

But such petty things as civil-union-recognition-debates are no reason to propagate Nazi ideals. Oh, it makes me so frustrated! Did I mention the author of the article is an accounting major? *sigh*

Maybe I should study the use of Genetic Philosophy in society? There's a life calling if I ever heard one.

Ph.D, here I come.

*oh, as a note, the picture comes from the publicly posted Aryan Nations 2004 Congress website... yay*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home